Automation Testers are in super high demand!
Eman is a test automation engineer at Westwing, one of Europe's largest e-commerce scaleups. Today, she lives in Munich.
Eman — now in Munich at Westwing
Hi Eman, nice to meet you. Who are you?
- I’m Eman, I am from Cairo
- I have a BSc in Computer Engineering/Software Automation from Helwan University
- Also, I have a Diploma from ITI in Software Quality Assurance
What are you up to now?
- I live in Munich since the end of 2017
- I do automation tests for the e-commerce software solutions of Westwing
Why did you move to Germany?
- I wanted to enhance my career path and learn more — at work and beyond
- I focused on Munich in Germany because I have a friend who lives here
- Software testers in QA/automation are in super high demand
What was the application process like at Westwing?
- Pretty straight-forward. I applied on Linkedin and sent my CV
- I also applied to a few other jobs but Westwing replied first. They are one of the biggest and best German e-commerce companies! Overall I was lucky, it took me only a few weeks to find the job
- I then had 4 interviews with HR, quality and product mgmt., and the CTO
What advice do you have for our Imagine Fellows
- You can learn a lot from great employers in Egypt. I was at Vodafone and Integrant. At Integrant, I served US-based clients. Great preparation for Europe!
- Invest some time into building your skills. I worked as a manual and automation tester for more than 4 years before applying for jobs in Germany.
- Focus on your CV. Mine is just 1 page, essentials only: Specific details of what I did on my last job, a concise summary of my tech stack, and a clear statement as to what I was looking for (“summary”).
Finally: Get started, and do not give up! I know so many people who are incredibly smart but they don’t dare to apply or get very discouraged by a few rejections. If you don’t try, you won’t succeed!
Want to learn more about Eman? Check out her Linkedin profile. Also, take a look at Eman’s CV (it’s a really good one).
That’s it. We hope you enjoyed the read. Now it’s time for action. As always, we are rooting for you. Keep us posted.
— Your friends at Imagine
→ Explore more stories
© 2018-2022 Imagine Foundation e.V.
Made with 🤍 in Berlin.